9 Sept 2011

Back in the circle

After what seemed like an eternity away from religious practice, I've been back in the circle conjuring and communing with the Deities. I feel complete and re-energized again, not at all as if I had abandoned my religion and was now trying to make up for lost time. Is as if I had never stopped practicing, my Gods have not forgotten me. In a way, we Wiccans are privileged in that sense, our Gods and temples are always with us and it doesn't matter time or space, we can always find a place where to sit for a moment and let Nature touch our soul. This is probably the main reason why being a Solitary doesn't feel as if I was missing something. I am my own coven. I do miss the fun we had when we enjoyed each other's energy or when a ritual came out beautiful and I had somebody to share it with. At first, coming back to Mexico, that was one of my many many concerns, that I would have to go back into the closet and I would have nobody to understand. Turns out that there seem to be a lot of neo-pagan groups here, unfortunately, none of them follow a similar path and those who I have encountered that claim to be Wiccan, some how don't feel right for me. So I decided to hang the broom... for a while at least. I also had to go into the broom closet due to a very sudden accusation at my children's school, when my son told the principal that him mommy was a witch, she became really concerned by the boy's perception of his mother. But it all changed a couple of months ago. Just like the first time the God appeared to me and assured me that I would be OK, I heard the call of the Old Ways again; I casted a circle and sat there feeling those forces of Nature all around me. I do believe my path chose me as much as I chose it and I could never truly walk away, so, mote it be!

No comments:

Post a Comment